A technology driven platform that enables educational institutions and business organizations to move teaching, training and learning initiatives and programs on the Internet for E-learning to take place. It provides Internet/eglobsyn based infrastructure for teachers, instructors, trainers and program directors to manage and track a student, trainee's participation and performance in E-learning. It is defined as the use of new multimedia technologies and the Internet to improve the quality of learning by facilitating access to resources & services as well as remote exchanges and collaboration. E-learning is important to implement in schools and colleges because it has the potential to revolutionize teaching and learning. It also transforms learning into a lifelong activity producing skilled and ready workforce capable of adapting to rapid socio- economic changes driven by innovation.
The major benefits the platform should provide are:
- A single portal for all users The different functional modules shall be integrated under a single portal. Visiting the portal will give users access to different applications.
- A uniform look & feel As the different applications are integrated under a single roof, there will be uniformity in the look and feel.
- A single sign on A Single sign-on is a user authentication process that permits a user to enter one name and password in order to access multiple applications. The process authenticates the user for all the applications they have been given rights to and eliminates further prompts when they switch applications during a particular session.
The personal desktop of the student consists of the following sections:Bookmarks This section allows the Student to keep a marker or address that identifies a document or a specific place in a document. Logged in students can bookmark important lessons/chapters or some parts of a chapter that they wish to study again later. Comments/Query Students can post comments or post queries to their faculty using this feature. Students can also access all topic wise queries with replies from the faculty here. Notes Students can make notes on lessons/chapters that they are studying. They can also maintain their personal notes. Announcements Announcements are intended for informational purposes: if the faculty or school administration needs to share some important message with Students, he/she creates an announcement that will be viewed by all course participants. Learning Paths or Performance graph The Learning Paths section allows the student to follow educational lines in the studying process. A Learning Path represents a sequence of steps that all students, taking part in a course, should complete. Chat The chat room facility will be available for communication purposes between students, faculty and teaching assistants. Gradebook The Gradebook is a tool that helps the faculty to assess students' activity in various aspects of the learning process. Students can track their grades and download a course certificate (if it is available for this course).
Once you are part of the eGlobsyn social Network, you can connect to others, share your articles, images and videos with friends. Create own Forums, Chat-Rooms and engage your friends.
- Discussion Forums
- Chat & Conference chat
- Task management
- Media sharing
SkillsXchange is a job portal that allows students who have graduated out of Globsyn Knowledge Foundation (GKF) to find relevant career opportunities and corporates enlisted at the site to find resources for recruitment. It is thus a platform to connect the right job to the right talent.The user-friendly and data-rich portal, automatically registers MBA graduates of Globsyn Business School (GBS) and helps them to search for and locate jobs available with the corporates who have registered with SkillsXchange . Globsyn's Corporate Relationship Program (CRP) team works with various corporates on their resource requirements, continuously updates the site and looks to strengthen the relationships Globsyn has with reputed organisations which regularly recruit GBS graduates.
- Information about job vacancies with corporates Currently there are more than 500 vacancies with 100+ corporates who require MBA graduates to fill up these positions and several of these corporates are registered with SkillsXchange .GBS students will thus be able to gather information on available job vacancies in the sector/company of their choice without wasting time or energy on job searches in various media.
- Tips for job interviews SkillsXchange will provide useful guidance to registered students for appearing for corporate examination/interviews based on their aptitude and ability. A dedicated resource pool from Globsyn will share their experiential knowledge about possible interview questions and required soft skills focused on getting the student employed.
- One on one counselling SkillsXchange will enable one on one corporate counselling to students on job role preferences,workplace norms and organisational expectations during the recruitment process . These counselling sessions would also provide the students an opportunity to interact directly with seasoned professionals from diverse industries.
- Industry knowledge bank SkillsXchange is a readily available industry knowledge bank that will bring to the registered members information on the latest sectoral recruitment trends through articles, blogs,links to relevant subject matter, thus preparing them thoroughly about the prevailing market conditions.